Wha?

A blog covering all aspect of Tony Stark's character -- the good, the bad, and the awesome.

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Laissez-faire: Sular Experiment

Much like how Captain America was created to fight the Nazis, Iron Man was created to fight the dirty Commies! Tony Stark is the epitome of all that is great about capitalism. He's a self made man (and hero) who has been able to achieve great things with some American ingenuity and a little elbow grease. Oh yes, and he's really freakin rich.

So, I've dedicated an entire part of this site to Tony's ridiculous amounts of money. I was going to post a scan where Tony mentions that the Iron Man armor costs around 4 billion dollars to create and maintain, but I can't seem to remember which issue it was in. So, instead, we're going to have to settle for the Sular Experiment.


I keep waiting for these to pop up in Secret Invasion, but I think that might be asking too much of Bendis.


That's right, Tony has weather controlling satellites. Why? Because he can.

Come to think of it, I should probably set up a section for Tony's evil genius as well...

Original scan from: scans_daily

5 comments:

  1. I hope commenting is okay--there's a scan where Tony says the armor costs $7 billion~ to make, and it's at the beginning of issue 5 of New Avengers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how pissed she looks to be standing in the rain. Most heros don't look that angry when they're fighting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's a scan of the $7 billion comment. :-D

    http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j144/crimsonquills/steveandtony/Picture1-1.png

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was most annoyed at the secret weather-controlling satellites thing because... This schtick was already done with Batman! (The whole Brother Eye thing which led to the OMACs in Infinite Crisis. I don't care, but for some reason I know.) And it sucked then, too. Geh. I don't like that Batman writers (and especially movie makers) are always making Bats a little bit more like Tony. Still, it does help to illustrate how awesome Tony is, and how much better than Batman he is!

    ReplyDelete